You can contact us at:
- Address: 384 Roan Crescent, Corporate Park North, Midrand, 1682
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: (010) 221 4600
The purpose of this policy is to describe the way that we handle your personal information.
This policy applies to you if you are:
- a visitor to our website; or
- a customer who has transacted with us or requested the goods or services that we provide.
This policy applies to you under certain circumstances.
Personal information includes:
- certain information that we collect automatically when you visit our website;
- certain information collected on registration (see below);
- certain information collected on application to the Webbers Back Pay Loyalty Card Program;
- certain information that we collect when you take out a lay-bye
- certain information collected on submission; and
- optional information that you provide to us voluntarily (see below);
- information that has been made anonymous so that it does not identify a specific person;
- permanently de-identified information that does not relate or cannot be traced back to you specifically;
- non-personal statistical information collected and compiled by us; and
- information that you have provided voluntarily in an open, public environment or forum including any blog, chat room, community, classifieds, or discussion board (because the information has been disclosed in a public forum, it is no longer confidential and does not constitute personal information subject to protection under this policy).
Personal information includes information we collect (i) automatically when you visit our website, (ii) on registration, (iii) on submission, and (iv) from you voluntarily. It excludes (i) anonymous, (ii) de-identified, (iii) non-personal statistical, and (iv) public information.
Common examples of the types of personal information which we may collect and process include your:
- identifying information – such as your name, date of birth, or identification number of any kind;
- contact information – such as your phone number or email address;
- address information – such as your physical or postal address; or
- demographic information – such as your gender or marital status.
Sensitive personal information
Depending on the goods or services that you require, we may also collect sensitive personal information including your:
- financial information – such as your card digits as security reference; and
- sensitive demographic information – such as your race or ethnicity.
You must accept all the terms of this policy when you transact with us for our goods or request our services. If you do not agree with anything in this policy, then you may not transact with us or request our services.
You may not transact with us for our goods or request our services if you do not accept this policy.
You may only access our website, transact with us or request our services if you are 18 years old or older or do have legal capacity to conclude legally binding contracts. If you are younger than 18 years old, you may only access our website, transact with us or request our services if you have permission from a competent person to do so.
By accepting this policy, you are deemed to have read, understood, accepted, and agreed to be bound by all of its terms.
You may only send us your own personal information or the information of another data subject where you have their permission to do so.
We may change the terms of this policy at any time by updating this web page. We will notify you of any changes by placing a notice in a prominent place on the website or by sending you correspondence detailing the changes that we have made and indicating the date that they were last updated. If you do not agree with the changes, then you must stop using the website and our goods or services. If you continue to use the website or our goods or services following notification of a change to the terms, the changed terms will apply to you and you will be deemed to have accepted those updated terms.
Once you register on our website, apply to the Webbers Back Pay Loyalty Card Program or take out a lay-bye, you will no longer be anonymous to us. You will provide us with certain personal information when you register on our website, take out a lay-bye or apply to the program.
This personal information may include:
- your name and surname;
- your identification number
- your email address;
- your telephone number;
- your company name, company registration number, and VAT number;
- your postal address or street address; and
- your username and password.
We will use this personal information to fulfill your account, provide additional services and information to you as we reasonably think appropriate, and for any other purposes set out in this policy.
We collect certain information on registration, when you register on our website.
On order or request
When you transact with us, you will be asked to provide us with additional information on a voluntary basis (goods or services information).
We collect certain information when you transact with us.
We collect certain information when you interact with us on social media.
Depending on the social media platform used, we may collect or process certain information from you when you interact with us through our social media channels, including your username, handle, real names and email address. You are advised to review your privacy settings on your social media platform to check what information you share with us and change your settings accordingly.
We collect certain information from your web browser, including your Internet usage information when you visit our website.
We may place small text files called ‘cookies’ on your device when you visit our website. These files do not contain personal information, but they do contain a personal identifier allowing us to associate your personal information with a certain device. These files serve a number of useful purposes for you, including:
- granting you access to age restricted content;
- tailoring our website’s functionality to you personally by letting us remember your preferences;
- improving how our website performs;
- allowing third parties to provide services to our website; and
- helping us deliver targeted advertising where appropriate in compliance with the applicable laws.